Question:
Skyrim strange amulet stuck in inventory?
?
2014-06-17 02:11:12 UTC
So I did the blood on the ice mission normally I think hard to remember, but I know I didn't kill anyone and there was a part to talk to some woman or another arrow, didn't check it at the time, I talked to the woman and the second arrow disappeared. So I went and finished the mission to arrest the wizard and now the amulet is stuck in my inventory. I tried putting it in peoples pockets and I even found a coffin with a horse stable key in it and the amulet wouldn't go in it. Is there any way possible to get rid of this WITHOUT console commands considering I have PS3 and not PC. Please and thank you for help with some possible assistance.
Three answers:
Torchbug
2014-06-17 06:37:32 UTC
I play Skyrim on PS3 and for both of my characters who've done Blood on the Ice, the amulet is stuck in their inventory. I don't know of any way to get rid of it. It has to be sold to Calixto at a particular point in the questline, but somehow I missed it both times. The first time, he offered to buy it and I didn't sell, and the second time, the quest proceeded without ever being offered the chance to buy it. I've tried putting it in coffins, reverse pickpocketing it, leaving it in Calixto's house, etc.

I've played for 800+ hours over three characters, and I've got several quest items stuck in my inventories. And several broken quests in my journals -- or quests that I finished but for some reason didn't clear. It's no big deal. I've still managed to complete the main questlines (civil war and dragons) with two of my characters, levels 84 and 58. Haven't done the main questlines with my level 34 mage yet.

Skyrim is buggy and all we can really do on PS3 is just accept it. And keep several manual save files from different points in the game, so if you need to reload an earlier point to prevent a bug, you can.
The Mikel
2014-06-17 03:53:27 UTC
Common problem.

You must sell it to Calixto when he offers to buy it, or it will be stuck in the inventory when the mission is completed. You may get it back with no effect after the mission is finished.

[Spoiler] http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Blood_on_the_Ice walkthrough.

Caution: This mission is quite involved. Be sure to check the Journal entries often while doing it. You want to do it and talk to the NPCs involved properly. There is a variation allowed, if you are careful.
Lucifer Morningstar
2014-06-17 03:17:24 UTC
quest is not yet finished. u should finish the quest completely to get rid of that.

read this article for information. i can give you the info, but wikia is more complete than me:D

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Blood_on_the_Ice