Question:
I am looking for a free online rpg, any suggestions?
joecamel71
2006-03-30 18:11:19 UTC
I am looking for a free online rpg, any suggestions?
Nine answers:
2006-03-30 18:29:34 UTC
There is runescape, which is horrible graphically, i mean its like eating pinecones its so bad visually. you can play any number of the thousands of MUDS online wich are text based games, basically DnD stuff, or i recommend the experience of GUILD WARS, it costs a little money to buy the game itself like any other game, but its free online play is second to none. great graphics great game its just great. AND THE BEST PART IS IT HAS BETTER GRAPHICS THAN WORLD OF WARCRAFT AND ITS FREE TO PLAY ONLINE NO MONTHYLY FEES HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, so yea check it out and join the rest of us online. good luck on your search for a online game. Yea its not linear really, you can do whatever you want on it. and it dont cost 50 bucks anymore cuz the expansion came out, but dont worry its great, try it and you will like it and see why other online PC games are starting to go with the make a great game and give free online play policy, cuz paying 20 or 30 dollars a month to play a game that is no different than a free online play game is just as retarded as you can get.
Nymo
2006-03-31 03:52:40 UTC
To Download? well, There's Maple Story (2d sprite rpg, cuteness may turn off some people..) And Dofus (flash-based rpg with a strange name, i never had the chance to actually be on)..

i know there's more, But For Now, Here's Some Kinda-Sorta-Check Them Out While You're Here Links:

Albatross18 (a massively multiplayer online.. golf.. it's rather good..) And Second Life (not quite rpg, more free-todo whatever you want, real cool.. free but credit card is required..)..
Da1e
2006-03-31 03:11:07 UTC
Joe, give Project Entropia a try. It is truely the best free MMORG out there. If I recall the wepage to get started is www.projectentropia.com otherwise do a websearch for it. Also, you could visit my guild's website once you have tried the game out for a few hours to help you make sense of the game. www.pedirectory.info

( my game name is Runner )

The game is somewhat EQ like, but set in the sci-fi future. It has something of a "Bladerunner", "Aliens" feel to it. Heinlein and Asimov were definately influances to the creation of this game universe.

It is a very social community in the game and some people play just to have somewhere to hang out and talk to friends with a fully interactive 3D environnment.

**** There is NOTHING to pay for.. both the game software and access to the game are absolutely free *********

-- Logan Runner Grey --
metroidhunter06
2006-03-31 02:26:22 UTC
There is a decent game on the internet called Priston Tale. This game you do have to download, and it takes a long time (even with high-speed), but it's worth it. You can play up to level 30 for free, and have as many characters as you want. The game runs better than Runescape, plus it's better graphically (if that matters to you, because it doesn't to me). I have fun with it.
2006-03-31 02:26:59 UTC
Guild Wars...buy the game for 50 bucks and the rest is free...game is pretty linear though. Otherwise Runescape is completely free. I myself don't mind paying for world of warcraft along with 6 million other people...soooo...ya.
icedragon586
2006-03-31 02:38:52 UTC
runescape, conquer online, or guild wars
aguayo_damian
2006-03-31 02:57:34 UTC
um i would consider runescape,maplestory,guild wars,diablo
neopoet22
2006-03-31 15:23:38 UTC
www.battleon.com
baddawg1211756