Question:
How do I fix this error on gmod 10 standalone?
?
2011-08-12 15:12:39 UTC
Whenever I start gmod 10 standalone it gives me this error:MountAppFilesystem() failed: I have no idea what game you are launching, sorry.How do I fix this?
Four answers:
2011-08-16 14:22:59 UTC
If you get that pirated game, that is illegal. You will need to purchase the game for $10 on Steam instead since it has better gaming features and components.

Good luck!
?
2016-12-08 16:54:03 UTC
Gmod Standalone
?
2016-05-14 20:33:20 UTC
I’m aware that this has been happening for the last 6 hours, since Valve updated the engine. I’m going to head into the office right now to look into it and see if I can get a patch to fix it. This is the cost of being on the newest version of the Source engine. It’s going to happen sometimes. But I’d rather have a days downtime every 6 months than be on a 2 year old version of the Source engine. I hope you agree. I’ll edit this post with updates as I get them. 09:18 – Got into the office. Looking into the issue. 09:24 – Apparently mdlcache is NULL. Uh-oh. Merging code with Valve’s latest. 09:56 – Merging code. It’s slow shoving code about on SVN. 10:07 – Chatting in the steam chat while I’m waiting – join it here 10:18 – 200 people in chat, it’s unchattable. Merging code now, going well so far. 10:37 – Merge was successful, committing, then I’ll try to compile it, then fix any errors. Then hopefully we should be ready. 10:38 – PC is compiling fine – mac is complaining: “ld: library not found for -l-liconv” 11:21 – After much head scratching – I think I have fixed the OSX build. Testing now. 11:41 – SVN version should work properly now 11:52 – Waiting for OSX build to complete 12:09 – .. and I’m done! I’ve done everything I can. It’s in Valve’s hands now. I’ve emailed everyone I know there to tell them there’s an update that needs to go out but I don’t know whether they work on a Saturday. Wish they’d let us push our own updates out! Oh well, fingers crossed that it fixes everything!
Michael Kotlan
2011-08-16 01:29:30 UTC
By standalone do you mean non-steam? Because that's illegal and the pirated versions have all sorts of problems. I strongly suggest buying the game, its only $10 and goes on sale sometimes (I got it for $2.50). Or, if you bought a retail copy, then you could just try reinstalling it from the disk.