Question:
Does anyone know why my PS2 only shows the Browser / Configuration screen when I place any game, dvd in.?
bmbelmontmanor
2006-02-28 18:33:08 UTC
My PS2 recently started displaying the Browser / Configuration screen when I placed a DVD in the tray. The disc does not spin, I have waited 30 minutes just to see if it was having difficulty reading the newer DVD's. No luck, still showing the Browser / Configuration screen. Please HELP!!!
Three answers:
shylo0124
2006-02-28 20:36:56 UTC
The laser is not reading your disks, thats why it just sits there. Try using a lens cleaner, for dvds or cds. If that doesnt work, your ps2 is busted.
andrew_b732000
2006-02-28 18:39:07 UTC
Might be that the disc is a little corrupted. Happens to me on occasion.

The fix (for me) is to just hit reset a few times. Never bother waiting more than a few seconds. If it's going to work it shouldn't take 30 mins...
Sandra
2016-05-20 09:38:26 UTC
well you cant do that but most games should have a "load game" option and its usually in the pause menu of a game or the start menu